Monday, April 2, 2018

Another Travel Card


And we continue with another travel themed card.

For this one I created a vintage background.  First I applied brown watercolor painting.  Then I created a distressed effect by applying other color in the edges.  It is a lighter brown that contrasts very well but when mixed with the darker shade it creates a third color which is kind of mustardy. 



Finally for the colored background I applied distress ink directly from pad to create lines and geometric shades.  I stamped the names of different destinations (it's all one stamp :) from Unity Stamp Co.), and this was framed in a distressed cardstock and then placed in the card base.  

The airplane image was stamped and then covered with glossy accents for a dimensional and glossy look that I love.

Here we go... This card just made feel I should get away and go on vacation.

No comments: