Saturday, September 2, 2017

Navy, Gold and Blush

I wanted to make a wedding card for a sweet lady who's getting married next week.  (Of course it is also for her husband to be but I only know her). The colors of her wedding are navy blue, blush and gold. 

I used white cardstock as base and then combined blush cardstock with navy blue cardstock as second and third layers. 


Another layer was meant for the stamped sentiment framed with a wonderful gold border.  

I tried several ink colors and techniques for the sentiment, including heat embossing in gold but the message wasn't clear or legible on the navy blue cardstock.  I ended up stamping it with white pigment ink.   So I was thinking of using (or not) a white doily behind this sentiment layer. I even posted in my social media platforms a question for people to comment. Thank you all for commenting and giving me tips. It was awesome. 


Well. I decided to add the doily.  I think it provided an additional element of elegance and made the card more delicate. Maybe less formal but I think also helped to provide some dimension since the sentiment was placed with dimensional adhesives.   I also added some gold sequins that really balanced it all at the end. 

I stamped more sentiments in the interior of the card... 


I hope you like it. 



#winecheeseandscrapbooking #scrappermyra #scrapbooking  #create #handmade #hechoamano  #weddingcard #handmadecard #papercraft #art #UnityStampCo #Wedding #stamping #navygoldandblush #navygoldblushwedding